Generic Name: Montelukast Tablets
Brand Name: Singulair
Singulair is used for:
Prevention and long-term treatment of asthma. It is also used in certain patients to relieve runny nose caused by allergy and to prevent asthma attacks caused by exercise. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Singulair is a leukotriene receptor antagonist. It works by blocking a substance called leukotriene, which helps to decrease certain asthma and allergy symptoms.
Do NOT use Singulair if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Singulair
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Singulair :
Some medical conditions may interact with Singulair . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems
- if you have a history of mental or mood problems, or suicidal thoughts or actions
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Singulair . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Certain anticonvulsants (eg, phenobarbital) or rifampin because they may decrease Singulair 's effectiveness
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Singulair may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.